Saturday, June 26, 2010

OK-LA-HO-MA....

   I have been in Oklahoma since Wednesday helping take care of my grandmother as she heals from the car accident that she was in three weeks ago.  Let me tell you... so far it has been crazy!

Wednesday - My aunt was here with me and I was overloaded with information on how to help care for her.  When to take her meds, do her exercises, breathing treatments, how to bathe her, how to help her lay down, stand up, sit down, how to puree food for her... everything.  I had to write most of it down to remind myself because it seriously was a lot of information.

Thursday:  Okay... day one on my own. (Kind of, my cousins, uncle, and aunt are in town but they worked all day).  Grandma starts having some pretty massive pain. We spent half of the day (until 12) laying in bed while I held her hand.  We ended up calling the home nurse, doctor, and my uncle.  We spent the rest of Thursday at the ER and then I had dinner with a relative.  Since grandma was asleep at the hospital most of the day she ended up being wide awake until 3:30 in the morning... I felt silly because I was so exhausted but here was my 78 year old grandma wide awake.

Friday: Grandma had a better morning but the evening was super rough.  She couldn't keep food down so her doctor had to make a house call so we could figure out if she needed to go back to the hospital again.  Luckily shortly before this happened my uncle and aunt came over so they were major help while this was going on.  Grandma went to bed early as did I after I finished cleaning.  I ended up getting a straight 7 hours of sleep... the most I've had since  I've been here.  Usually my sleep is broken up into two or three sleep sessions for various reasons so I'm wasn't able to get a good deep sleep until Friday night.

Saturday:   Today is great, Grandma is eating solid food now... no more blender meals.  She was also completing her exercises...we still need to make sure we're doing it a bit more frequently but we're getting there.  I'm not pushing grandma too hard because she is still having pains.

As for everything else....  how ironic is it that I had a dream that Apple/AT&T were coming out with a Project Red iphone.... and then this morning my red LG cell phone started acting up?? It turned out to be interference due to either the construction going on right out back or the Direct TV guy.  It started right about the time that both groups showed up, and ended when they left the area so who knows.  Either way I'm thrilled that it is working again, I'm still holding out for the White iphone to be released and would hate to order a  phone now and lose that upgrade that I have with AT&T.


Not much else is going on, I'm exhausted so I'm going to go ahead and catch some Zzz's

No comments: