Never the less....we have bad luck too. Like I said above, I've never caused a wreck with my car, we have however been hit. Up until today my car has been hit four times....all while parked legally.
1st - hit and run, the other vehicle knocked off the driver side mirror while i was parallel parked, and yes super close to the curb. Easy fix
2nd - an elderly lady fell asleep and her car veered into the parallel parking area hitting 5 cars, with mine being the middle one. The whole driver side was dented, scratched, and my wheel area had been pushed a bit. All fixable.
3rd - my brothers friend ended up stuck in part of our circle driveway that had construction going on, and when my brother backed up to shine his lights on his friends car... he backed into my car. Due to us both being on my parents car insurance, we decided not to claim it, but it also was never fixed. It cost over 1k for the work to find, paint, install, and transfer the interior of the car door to the new one. My brother made me a trade on an item and we called it even.
4th - My friend Whitney had a semi-circle drive way. I parked behind her and as we went to go out she put the car in reverse instead of drive and hit my car. No real damage there, just some marks that I buffed out.
and now today....
5th - a neighbor dinged my car with her car. Technically her son did it. She was so nervous that she was sick. She handwrote a note and left if on my car. Chris found it and checked out the car...nothing that a little wipe wouldn't erase. The white mark was a bit large though so it worried her. It is a simple fix.
However I'm now left wondering... will this curse continue on with my next car? I'd hate to get a newer car for it to end up dinged up while parked again.

No comments:
Post a Comment