Friday, June 11, 2010

And the cats come running...

... so I received the newest edition of The Mailbox Magazine.  I'm still subscribed to the Pre-K edition for the time being because many of the activities I can upgrade for Kinder.  Anyways each month this magazine puts new little songs in their magazine based upon various themes.  The catch is that each song goes with a tune to a familar childhood song.  To hear it correctly I have to actually sing the song.  So this month I was singing a pig song that was to some random childhood tune and before I made it to the second line you hear this claw+carpet ripping sound of Snickers running into the bedroom to see what is wrong.  Yes... you heard me... the cat couldn't figure out that strange sound so she ran in to investigate.  Apparently my husband has realized that this is becoming a common thing in our household.  Anytime I am singing a song to figure out how the new version goes one of our two cats will run into the room I'm in as if something is on fire.  How I didn't catch on is beyond me.  So now my husband had resorted to yelling out "Are you killing a cat in there???" when he can hear me singing

...atleast I know my kinder kids won't judge me this fall for my apparently horrific singing voice.

No comments: