Friday, May 28, 2010

Better Safe Than Sorry

So I feel a bit bad.  I received my second official follower (I have a couple that stay with me even though they haven't clicked the follow button) and I had to block the person.  Why? I'm sure they meant no harm, I'm sure they just had good intentions, but after clicking over to their blog they had a link to inappropriate material.   I'm not here to judge you based upon what you link to on your site, but due to my career I have to protect myself.  I am a teacher and if  I was linked to something that could hurt my reputation professionally then I have to do what is needed to protect myself and my family.  In the teaching field it wouldn't mean just possibly being laid off, but also losing my teaching certification.  Yes, even if it is as simple as a link because parents truly raise fits about all types of things.  Better safe than sorry right?  I hope any future followers understand this just as you would protect your family and yourself, I have to protect myself and my family.

No comments: