First I'll start with the sad news. Max, my families dog aka my little brother, is nearing the end of his life. He is 13 going on 14 years in two months. He has a tumor on his upper hip and arthritis in his bones which is affecting his ability to walk around comfortably and from what I've been told he is falling a lot. It completely breaks my heart that soon he'll no longer be with us even though we've known this was coming for a year or so now. Technically he is considered my brothers dog even though he is the family dog. So it has been left up to my brother to decide when the time is right for max to go into a peaceful sleep. We want to keep him longer, but his body is giving up on him to the point that it really would just be selfish to let him suffer too much longer. So the plan at the moment, unless his condition improves, is that when I go up there on Memorial weekend that will be the last weekend he'll probably be with our family. This way I can have the chance to spend one more weekend with him and say goodbye to Max. It hurts, and I do keep tearing up when I think about it, but it will be okay and he will be in a better place where he won't feel any pain anymore. It is hard... but I think knowing that this was coming sooner or later has helped me come to terms with it as opposed to how we lost our first dog when I was younger. Be prepared for a good tearful entry in a couple of weekends.
In other news my car issue has been figured out. Thanks to the Ford Dealership back in Marshall I have been able to pinpoint the issue and now know that my car will not be dying out on me anytime soon but rather that the AC has a vacuum leak. So hopefully my car will last quite a bit longer so that I can save up a good down payment for my next car.
In another turn of events I think my mom is psychic. I've been stressing about wanting to get my contract signed for this new job that I was offered and for some reason it just hasn't happened yet. The school knows that I want the job, they have said they are offering me the job, and the paperwork is being drawn up this week. Mom suggested that the reason I haven't signed yet may be a sign that something else is coming along that could give me another option so that I have some choices for this fall. Well not even 24 hours after mom said this I received a call from another private school that wanted to interview me on Monday. Well I couldn't make it due to the lack of notice that they gave, seriously calling after 3 on a Friday to see if I can come in on Monday at noon? I would have to get a sub approved and have my pay docked. Luckily they can interview me on the 25th also, so I'll be going in on that day AFTER I get off work. The school is closer to where I live now, and from what I've researched they are federally and state funded, big on technology, and have a great curriculum that I'm familiar with. So we'll see how that goes. Thank you mom for the heads up ;)
As far as the word Karma in the Wordle above... Chris and I are now trying to live by Karma. What is Karma? The belief that what goes around comes around. If you put out positive things into the world then positive things will come back, but if you put out negative stuff then you'll get negative back. It really goes more in depth than that but that is the basic idea. So far I cannot think of any reason to not follow that method of thinking, after all I was raised with the whole Karma belief. Now I'm not nieve enough to think that nothing bad will happen to us because well... things happen sometimes that are just out of our control, but in a general idea it seems to work.
Tomorrow we're going to go pick up our wedding cake top layer for our anniversary next weekend! I'm excited, hopefully it will stay frozen during the car ride. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment