Well Today was a long day but I couldn't be happier. I spent the day waiting for UPS to pick up a return on a damaged product that I had ordered and Office Depot surprised me because they sent him with the replacement package even before they received the damaged item. Score one for Office Depot! I'll be using them more often now. Shortly after I inspected the new package of ABC beanbags my husband came home. Surprise!! He pulled a regular 8 hour day instead of a 16 hour day!! I was so excited and we actually went out for dinner and then watched a show together. It really made my day. Friday will be his last day on two projects and then starting Monday he'll begin this new project. It is at one of the same companies but he wont be pulling those 16 hours unless he REALLY has to. 8-12 hours doesn't bother me, but I barely see him when he works longer than that.
Now call me a geek or whatever but I'm extremely excited about Friday evening.... I get to meet my coworkers!! 1. I'm excited because I *think* they are around the same age that I am based on some photos. 2. I'm excited because hopefully some of them wont have kids and we'll be in the same life stages. Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against moms.. but most of the people I know are moms and they want to hang out with other moms so I'm at a catch 22 phase right now. And lastly 3. I'm excited because I'm really hoping that I make some good friends at this job. I'll be delighted even if I just make one or two good close friends. Yes... I'm desperate for friends and I'm not ashamed.
Lastly I wanted to let you know that my grandma is doing pretty great after the whole wreck thing that happened back in May. Recovery is speeding up to the point that she feels like her normal self again. However... I wont mind if she goes back to not talking to me about sex again. Yes... my grandma brought up sex while on the phone today. I know... I'm a married woman, I shouldn't be embarrassed about that but I'm super conservative when it comes to talking about THAT... especially to people that were always authority figures in my life. I don't even talk about gas, burps, or bathroom habits unless its a doctor thing. We'll wait until the whole baby thing happens before I start admitting to married behaviors.
....unless I can pull off making everyone believe in immaculate conception.
No comments:
Post a Comment