Thursday, July 15, 2010

Stress = Sleepwalking = Ice cream!

Last night was pretty eventful to say the least. I fell asleep pretty early in the office on the couch, and dragged my butt to bed at 10:30 ish or so instantly falling back asleep. Jump forward to sometime around one-ish and my eyes shot open but I didn't move and I was saying "Ice cream, ice cream ice cream ice cream ice cream" in my regular everyday voice. Once I realized I was talking I stopped and fell back asleep. Jump forward again and I woke up saying "You can have the chocolate, I'll have the vanilla.... OR WE COULD MIX THEM!!!" like as though it was some great new idea.

First question: How do I know what I said? I have two theroies of why I woke up... either 1) I woke up mid conversation because my husband replied, or 2) because I was talking so dang loud.

Back to sleep... the end right? Nope. I woke up (Fully woke up) around 3 AM feeling like I had been asleep for a good 8-10 hours, wondering why it wasn't morning yet. I felt like the sun should be shining and that the alarm should have been going off for hubby to go to work. So after trying to fall back asleep I decided I would to take my laptop into the living room to read some news and hopefully make myself tired again. The second I stood up my husband started talking to me to see if I was awake or not.

Why?

Because I also went sleep walking last night so apparently his guard was up in regards to making sure I'm safe. My adventure happened to be me going to the kitchen. I came back to bed and apparently woke him up trying to give him a bowl of ice cream. Except it really was just a bowl, spoon, and spice jar. Why was I so focused on ice cream last night? I do not know.

I do know that i'm now going to try and talk him into marble slab for dessert after dinner tonight, and that I need to relax and quit stressing out. I'm stressing over my new job because I was just informed that it starts in two weeks as opposed to the six weeks that I was originally told. I haven't gone sleep walking in a long time so it is obviously a sign to relax.


No comments: