
Starting on Monday our classes at school switched around. The short story is that I've moved up to the highest age group in the school and my assistant has her own classroom with most of the kids we had before. She is a certified teacher and amazing so I'm not upset that I lost them. The plan is that the older kids move into my class and stay with me through Kindergarten. I'm excited about it. The first day with the kids was AWESOME! The second day.... yeah it didn't. Why? because I didn't have an assistant today and with a class full of boys and two girls I honestly need the help of an assistant during the times that we're in transition especially since they just moved to my room and they are testing boundaries.
To the guardian that chewed me out because her daughter would have to wait five minutes for lunch today after lunch had already ended and then went to complain about me because I was getting the kids ready for nap and you disapprove of naptime.... you can huff, puff, and try to blow me down as much as you want but my 25 year old butt has more power than you here.
Why?
It is not because I'm simply employed here... it is because I ROCK at my job! I am a fabulous teacher. I have proved that I am there for the kids and nobody else...
- I have parents declining to have their kids moved to the right age group with this newest change because they simply LOVE that their kids are learning from me. I have a 3 1/2 year old in my 4 1/2-5 year old class because that parent loves me because her child is learning and "teaching" the parents what he knows.
- I have great relationships with my parents because I try to go above and beyond to connect to them. I send home newsletters, I send home cool projects, games, and exciting letters. The parents know that I care.
- I'm one of the few teachers that is not running out of the door at 3. My boss must be thanking her lucky stars that she put me as salary because even though I work 7-3 without a lunch... I typically stay up there until 4:30 or 5 either helping out in my class or preparing for the next few days.
- I am given the largest behavior problem children because even though it may take a week or two, I can break them of that behavior because for once at school they feel secure, they know I'm there for THEM, that I LOVE them despite how our day goes. Each and every day is a new day and every time there is a conflict we solve it together, and move on. I forgive, teach them, and then forget it so that we can grow and start off on a new foot.
- I have incorporated new things that no other classroom had done until I showed up.
- I have had a hand in the curriculum that we are building for K-2nd and even though I am new... they are trusting me and listening to me because I research what I'm talking about.
- Speaking of research, I'm staying on top of new ideas and trends. I'm excited about learning, and I'm excited about implementing new ideas in our classroom quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment