Tuesday, October 19, 2010

30 Day Challenge - Day Two



Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name

Life as Mrs. W.

Well first off my married name starts with W...Creative... no? okay.

For years I was known as Megan S______. I loved being a S_____. I remember seeing my uncles varsity letterman jacket with our families last name and knowing that I wanted one of those jackets with our last name on it. It is a cool last name, one that people had trouble pronouncing, one that was spelled odd given the i before e rule, it was just an awesome last name. Plus the history behind our family is pretty cool... my ancestors were travelers and its easy to trace given the rarity. Well... then I got married. I debated over and over again what to do about my name... Should I be Megan Middle name S___, Megan S____ White. Megan Middle name White? It was hard. Well I finally broke down and dropped the maiden name. It took time and I adjusted to my new last name, but in my heart I'm still Megan S_____. All of my teaching stuff still says "Megan S_____" and while I do not hate my last name at all, I'm still glad my kiddos call me Ms. Megan. In my heart I'll always be a S____ though my license and cards say "White".

So now I'm Megan White... it still sounds funny to me but at least if you
google my name you get 4,000 other Megan Whites which is pretty good to know. However there are the lame White jokes... "The White Couple".... "The White House" and the most told one of all for when we have a baby and we're in the hospital "Can I see the White baby?" because I can without a doubt say that SOMEONE will use that line because we're no where near having kids and they are already using it. Not to mention never having a personalized cookie jar without the fear of someone thinking we are racist.



Can I change our last name to Purple please?? Then the blog will be "Life as Mrs. P"

No comments: