So the hard part this week and weekend has been the thought that I'll be jobless after the first weekend of June and without a paycheck after August. (My pay is spread out from August to August) Anyways so I've been freaking out inside over that and praying that something would come along.
Then on Friday I received a voice mail from a school asking me to call them back about an interview. Awesome!! So I did, and I seemed psyched about it. It was for a private Christian academy teaching Kinder. Perfect! After a day of excitement I started to feel a bit nervous about it. 1) the application ask about your home church. I don't have a home church, and they want to know if you were in good standing with it. Well... I went to Grace for 3 years, and I never had any problems... BUT I wasn't an official member so that probably invalidates that. The there is another thing... It ask about your religious history. I was raised lax Catholic... I'm sure a Baptist school is going to LOVE that. So although I'm still going to the school for the interview on Tuesday, I'm really pretty sure I wont get it which bummed me out.
UNTIL tonight. I spent this weekend applying for EVERYTHING from public schools to private schools, day cares... and last but not least Starbucks. I didn't expect to hear anything soon because obviously it is the weekend and hey... I haven't heard anything from anywhere except from HISD which gave me horrible news. Anyways a Private preschool that is licensed by the State contacted me tonight about coming in for an interview. I emailed back and now its wait and see for when the interview will be but hopefully this is the one. They are expanding in the fall to add 10 additional classrooms and right now they are looking for a Kindergarten teacher and 1st grade teacher. So I'll keep everyone updated on this.
Cross those fingers please.
1 comment:
i really like your blog. i think i have been reading your posts for the past 30 minutes straight.
haha
glad i stumbled on it.
xo
monica
Post a Comment