Thursday, February 04, 2010

And The Best Husband Award Goes To....

Chris!!!    He has been wonderful in asking if I need anything and suggesting things that he'll get for me if I want.  So I've had shakes and slushes from Sonic recently due to feeling too hot and attempting to cool down.  I've pretty much freezed Chris out of whatever room I am in at the time due to having the fans on so high.  I have been so hot due to the fever that I turn on everything to help cool me down. So obviously you can tell I'm still  sick.  I feel quite a bit better but I'm still contagious for 24 more hours according to the doctor.  My throat hurts less and I can actually swallow real food finally.  I'm ready to go back to work, this stay home thing clearly isn't for me.  I need the social interaction and I need to be teaching.

 I miss my kids and I hate letting them down like this.   I feel blessed in having such a great school.  A few staff members have called me each day to check on me and reassure me that all is fine.  I seriously hate missing work, if I could have made it through the days this week and not been contagious then I would have gone back in ASAP.  So come on Strep, back down so nobody else gets hurt!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

that sounds terrible but it's so sweet that your hubby has been helping you through it. i hope you feel better!