Saturday, May 26, 2012

The End of the Year.

Here we are, the last week of school. I have completed and turned in all assessment data and I am excited to say that my kids grew tremendously this year. I am proud of them and I cannot wait to celebrate their growth this coming week.

I am quite sad that these kids will be leaving me at the end of the week but I think the way our kids change grades really helps the teachers as well as the students. After this next week our kids will have two weeks off, and the teachers will have one week off. The teachers will come back and start preparing for summer school where we will have some of next years kids for two weeks. My classroom will not be a full day class during the summer. Ipre-K4 will be a half day class with 20 students in the morning and 20 students in the afternoon. Head Start will not be with us, as they will be on summer break starting this Thursday until two weeks after the next school year starts. I'm not sure why.

Once summer school ends I plan on painting my classroom tan and leaving just one wall pink. My hope is that the calmer colors will calm the kids down. We definitely have an over stimulating color combination this year of bright green and hot pink. Throw in all the colorful accents and the room is like a paint store exploded in there.

So the great clean up begins. The end of year two as a lead teacher and the start of year three.

No comments: