As Chris and I took another step towards securing our future another grown up step smacked us in the face. We were asked if we have a will, and sure enough we haven't made it to that step just yet. I felt that we wouldn't need one until we have children or until we're well off. It never occurred to me that if we die, the state would take 40% of the total value of our assets if we didn't have a will.
Part of me thinks "really? Does the government need to own ANOTHER house on top of the thousands they own already from bad deals?? and do they really want my little compact car??" But sure enough they would love to have 40% of the value. So here we go again with another grown up step.
How in the world did we get to this point? I don't recall growing up this quickly and while a part of me is bamboozled by this age realization... inside I'm smiling to know that we're clearly doing things right at the moment.
Of course after our meeting today I immediately showed my immaturity by par-coring around the living room in the excitement of feeling like things will be okay in the future no matter what is thrown at us.

No comments:
Post a Comment