Wednesday, April 27, 2011

While at Barnes and Noble I came across some cute little plush characters...



That is Elmer the Elephant, Peter Rabbit, the Mouse from If You Give A Mouse a Cookie, Ladybug Girl, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar. There were several other cuties like Curious George, Knuffle Bunny, Big bird, Madeline, and Paddington Bear. All classic and slightly modern book characters. I decided that when we have kids I'd like to decorate the nursery in a literary theme. A friend of ours decorated her little boys nursery with an Eric Carle theme, which I love but I don't want to do the same theme because I want ours to have our own touch. So I thought HEY! I love all of these books! Why not just do a general literary theme? The books would be great to read to the child, and when they are a bit older they can play with the toys too. I'll have to find a way to mix the old with the new but I'm sure it could be done :)




No comments: