Becoming a Housewife
Sooo.... I'm not the best cook... or cleaner... or just in general domesticated wife. I get things done, but they may not be to the best that I honestly could do. However I'm now officially working on that.
The first step... making laundry more efficient. We've changed out laundry detergent and decided to try out a Bounce Dryer Bar. Why? Dryer sheets drive me nuts... the waste of the sheet, it gets tangled up in the clothing, and its just a pest so I never managed to throw them in despite loving the smell of dryer sheets.
So we saw a starter set that came with a refill for $7.99 at Randalls. They can be found cheaper online and there are plenty of coupons out there to lower the cost, but really $7.99 for four months is a pretty great deal. At the moment I'm a week into using it and I haven't had any complaints. It leaves my clothes smelling great, takes the static out, and hasn't left a single mark on our clothing. Honestly I love it.
Step Two: I need to... cook? So I generally get home a good two-three hours before my husband. He comes home, works out, and then cooks the dinner. Now before you think I'm horrible, this started because he is picky. One evening I was fixing tacos and placed the meat on a paper plate with a paper towel to help remove some of the grease and my husband saw that... cue dramatic music... it was DIFFERENT than how he made it and even though it tasted the same. So needless to say he took over the cooking. Okay so he wasn't really dramatic, just mind numbingly picky. In short my husband is vegetarian who eats chicken nuggets, hot dogs, hamburgers, ground beef, meat lovers pizza, but very little vegetables. Does it make sense? No. In short, I just call him a vegetarian because it is easier to just leave it at that. Though I'm sure some people must think I'm a liar after they see him eat a huge hamburger. Needless to say we've had the same 5 meals EVERY WEEK... Tacos, oriental spaghetti, oriental salad, ravioli, and a pizza. Well I'm done and tired of them due to over exposure so I've taken charge. I have now signed up at www.emealz.com. It is a site that gives you a weekly shopping list and recipes. The biggest selling point happened to be that when I read the sample vegetarian menu my husband actually thought the meals sounded good. So for a low $15 every three months we're going to try this program out. We'll see how it goes, at the moment I'm pretty optimistic.

No comments:
Post a Comment