Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Patience...


...If you know me then you know I'm a planner.  I like little surprises but I'm a planner at heart.  I always created spreadsheets to figure out the most ideal class schedule in college, and set my college work schedule to the ideal hours.  I planned my semesters in advance, budgets in advance, and pretty much life.  Why? Because I'm also a dreamer.   Chris on the other hand is a day to day guy.... month to month when it comes to finances.  He is very go-with-the-flow, things will be fine, the no worries type.  It is hard to believe but we really balance each other out.   Sometimes he surprises me with his long term thoughts and I'll surprise him by not worrying and going with the flow.

So lately in my mind I've been jumping 2-4 years ahead of where we are now.

 I have houses bookmarked that I like...

Car's that I like...



and baby names that Chris and I want to use... 
that he actually picked....
(but we wont share for many many years)

See.... I'm a planner and slowly convincing my husband to be a planner too. :)


      BUT... The thing is that you can't plan the future.  You have to be patient and just kind of go with the flow.  If it is meant to be then it will happen.  Not on my time line but on God's timeline.  I think patience is one of my major life lessons, if not the key one.   I have to remember to live life one day at a time and only plan the things that I can control to an extent, like saving for emergencies.  Luckily I'm blessed to have family members around me that can help me get back on track when I lose site of that.

So for those that as us all of those major life questions... "When are you having kids?" and "When are you planning on buying a house?" 

Here's our answer:   When it happens you'll know, until then you know as much as we do.

Until then I'm kicking back.  :)



No comments: