... that is what you call a teacher that believes that the last day of school will be a fun day without any problems. I honestly thought my tough kids would give me some kind of break.
BOY WAS I WRONG!
I only stepped away from my class once for a quick bathroom break and when I got back I found out four of my students decided to STAND on the lunch stools at the same time chanting. What the heck???
At the feeder wise school assembly (Elementary, Middle, and High school all in the same gym) two of my better behaved kids decided that they would chat it up while the region leader was speaking. That's not too bad until their voices became louder and other students started complaining. I attempted to nip it in the bud with two warnings and then the third time I had to have the students come sit by me. The fact that they had to move and sit by me finally showed them that I was disappointed and yes one of them resulted to loudly sobbing because he was upset he had to be moved.
Then at dismissal one of my students threw up and I quickly rushed him to the trash can that was literally a maximum of five feet away. That's not the shocking part. In the time that it took me to get him to the trash can (mere seconds) another child decided to throw his own backpack in the ill child's vomit and then put the vomit on his "friends". We quickly put a stop to that and then when it was time to go he threw a fit about having to wear his backpack. Why? Because it had vomit on it.
Yes kids will be kids... but man mine really took advantage of the fact that they only had one teacher today and that it was the last day of school. I was very disappointed to say the least and was definitely ready to go back to my classroom and have some caffeine (Pepsi).
Needless to say I had some wonderful moments in my classroom Friday as well. My girls just wanted to sit me with during center times and play hairstylist and the boys and I played parking lot math. The students as a whole were excited to take home excess supplies, and chasing each other on the playground one last time was wonderful. :)
So now I say goodbye to the students of 2025 and hello to the students of 2026.
I have one week off before we go back and start planning for summer school.

No comments:
Post a Comment