Saturday, February 04, 2012

4 Year Olds and Honesty

*written two weeks ago BUT I forgot to hit publish*

As you know, unless you just started reading... I teach Pre-K. I love my little kiddos even on the toughest days. The great thing about four year olds is their innocense and honesty. You know when your student says "You look pretty!" that you really do look pretty that day. They give you hugs, they say "I love you" and they make you laugh by connecting odd facts together. I honestly would probably stay in Pre-K forever if I can, as long as I don't go below age 4. So why did I cringe when one of my more blunt students talked to me the other day? Did he complement my dress? No. Did he compliment my stick figure drawing? No. He said, and I quote...

"Ms. White... your mouth smells funny"

and that was when I knew I needed a change. The darn pre-natals that I bought last week have been making me burp. Now burping in general I can handle because I was raised by a mother that taught me to burp indiscreetly. However these were not just regular burps. These were horrifying FISH burps. I HATE fish... I will not eat it.

On the way home on Friday I stopped by the store and picked up a different type of pre-natal that I'll start tomorrow. I'll keep you updated and post what I find once we discover one that will not cause this horrible odor.


No comments: