Saturday, October 22, 2011

Finally a Break...

Life has been hectic lately and it has finally started to settle down. My life is mostly work, so the craziness was actually work related. School has been in full swing for awhile now, but issue after issue just kept popping up. This coming week will be our first, normal, no issues week. In the time that I have been absent from this blog we lost two team members of our 4 teacher team, gained 2 new teachers, lost our planning time, regained our planning time, and defended our pre-k age group against a teacher(s?) that thinks that four year olds shouldn't have classes like art, music, P.E., and technology. It was crazy. Monday I'll start parent teacher conferences before and after school in hopes of completing all of them by Friday afternoon. :)

I was observed by the new superintendent that will start next school year and my students were absolute angels at that moment. Was that God giving me a break or were they really that into what we were doing at the moment? Either way I promised them that I would reward them with a new Five Little Monkey's book and sure enough I picked it up tonight so that I'll have it ready on Monday morning for them. There was just something about the kids on Friday that was so lovable. The kids really are great, but something about Friday was just different. One student even drew a picture for me as a thank you for helping him. Maybe they are finally now in the grove of our class after all of the changes we have endured this year.

Home wise things are going fairly well. The guys (Chris and Alex) are bonding quite a bit, they went out last night and almost went out again tonight for a movie but the plans changed. I've been able to work a bit more from home since Chris and Alex can go out and do guy stuff together.

Chris and I are effectively car shopping, first through ConsumerReports.com and then starting November 5th we will start test driving vehicles on the weekend just to be sure. We have our choices narrowed down at the moment to a Toyota Camry and Volkswagon Passat. I really want to drive the Toyota Prius as well because I've had my eye on the Prius since it first came out. We'll see how it goes. :) We won't be buying until December 17th so we'll know the official decision then. :)





No comments: