September 17, 2009 - Vocabulary
Girl: Mrs. White... why do you have a button on your forehead?
Me: ".... what??"
Girl: "you have a button on your head"
Me: "where?"
Girl: Points to forehead "There..."
Me: "That is called a mole..."
Girl: "What?"
Me: "A mole... a bump on your skin"
Girl: "Oh...why did you bump your head?"
September 22, 2009
"Mrs. White... Why did hers mom name her your name?"
Me: "What??"
Her: "hers name her Mrs. E____, and yours mom name you Mrs. White??"
Me: "My first name is not Mrs.... it is Megan but you... call me Mrs. White"
Her: "oh... hmmm is yours middle name Mrs.?"
September 24, 2009 - My lesson on trial and error
Me: "_____ I need you to go clean up your work area."
Boy: "Ok"... 2 seconds pass
Boy: "Mrs. White.... can I tell you something?"
Me: "Sure"
Boy: "uuummmmmmmm.....You're the bestest teacher in the whole world"
Me: "aww... thank you, now please go clean up your work area"
Boy: "Ok" 2 seconds pass...
Boy: "Mrs. White... can I tell you something?"
Me: "Sure"
Boy: "uuuuummmmm.... you're the prettiest teacher in the whole world"
Me: "Thank you... now go clean you work area"
Boy: "ummm can I tell you something else?"
Me: "After you clean up"
Boy: "Ok"
September 25, 2009
The kids and I were sitting on the rug in a circle, and I was previewing a fine motor center for them (using tweezers to take cotton loops out of a hard plastic ball with holes). So I said "To put it away, just ...open the bag, put the ball and tweezers in the bag, and closer the bag" which to my surprise apparently really impressed my kiddos. They gave me a round of applause in unison. It totally caught me off guard and made me laugh. For the rest of that afternoon until lunch they would applaud after each little lesson.

No comments:
Post a Comment